Sunday Picnic

Sorry my blog has been quiet for a bit.  I have been working on big things.  I decided to have a Sunday picnic today.  I packed up my picnic basket and headed out the door.  I spread out my blanket and accessories under the most colorful trees with a dancing elf statue.  I want to dance my way through life and this is what the statute reminds me to do.  Not to take things too seriously and to enjoy everyday.

Designer Showcase current round is just about over but I managed to snag the Neomi Set.  The outfit consist of a cropped knit sweater and tweed short set from Zoom.   The Home and Garden Expo opened last week with items benefiting the Relay For Life's American Cancer Society.  My lovely garden log and decorations come from Partners in Crime.  It has a bunch of single and cuddle animations.  This is located on Hope 4Harshlands has some great wooded trees such as the Ancient Obelisk and Relayer Sapling that come in fun fairy colors.  The Dancing Elf Statue is also an exclusive to this event and they can be located on Hope 6.

Now on to my big news.  I am just so excited to share it with all of you.  I was chosen to to be decorator of the Home and Garden Competition this year and I am house 10.  Fourteen homes have been placed out for decorators to come in and do their magic.  We have until the 26th to complete our homes.  After the 26th voting opens to the public which is located at Hope 3.

So what does this mean?  My house was provided by Maven Homes and is named The Palomar.  It is a large two story home with two bedrooms and a bath.  I love the openness of the house and all the windows.  I have been decorating it for the last few days, but the catch is that I only get 400 prims to decorate both inside and outside.  In addition, we must use three items purchased from RFL vendors which is not hard due to the size of the fair and all the talented designers.  While 400 prims goes a lot further than it use to in early days of Second Life for a home that large to get every room decorated with little touches and the outside was a challenge.  Stay tuned for updates on my progress as the competition goes forward.


Comments

Monthly Views