Myths and Legends 3rd Runway Challenge

Yesterday MVW had it's third runway challenge themed after Myths and Legends.  Myths and legends are abundant in my country.  It was hard just to pick one that I liked.  I choose Arke daughter of Thaumas and soral twin of Iris.  Iris is the personification of the rainbow and messenger of the Olympian gods.

During the Titanomachy Arke left the Olympian gods betraying them and joined the Titans as their messenger goddess.  This made the two sisters enemy messenger goddesses.  Arke is affiliated with the faded second rainbow and was known for her iridescent wings.  When the titans lost the war Zeus tore her wings off and cast her into Tartarus with the other vanquished Titians.  Her wings were later passed to Achilles who wore them on his feet.

This myth stood out to me because of Arke's iridescent wings and how she travels on the second rainbow.  My grandfather died when I was younger and at his funeral it poured rain.  When headed home the sun came out and a rainbow appeared.  I felt it was his way of telling me it was ok. Rainbows have always been something special to me.


Photo by Magissa Denver



What I am wearing:

Dress: The White Armory - Leah's Dance Gown Set
Wings: deviousMind - Harpyia - Wing Feathers
Hair: EMO-tions -  Maresol - Dark Brown
Necklace: The Forge - Feather Collar.
Earrings: deviousMind - Satine - Earring - Pearl
Makeup: Madrid Solo - Whimsical Designs - Glam Tears

Comments

Monthly Views