Serenity


I really love being a caregiver while helping others when they are overwhelmed and being of service. I am a single mother with a few special needs adults who have medical needs. In addition, I have parents who are growing older and unable to care for themselves.  This means they need more assistance with everyday living.  Of course, my mom asked me to help, so moved them closer to us.  These are all major life changes. 

However, as demands of more of my time and energy piled up it left me feeling overwhelmed.  I found myself not hungry, sad, exhausted and depressed.  One day after a very long few weeks I just broke down in tears.  I realized I had been neglecting my own needs in favor of caring for others and it was taking a toll on my mental and physical health.

I leaned into support from God, family and friends.  I started to reach out to others and just talk instead of trying to do it all by myself.  I am setting boundaries and learning to say no when I need to prioritize my own well-being.  I started to enjoy fun things like trying to paint a picture.  I think it came out really good myself, hehe. 

I have enjoyed taking walks, being in Second Life and just sitting to watch the sunset as it is one of my favorite things to do.  Since I cannot always go to a beach or mountain top in real life to just watch the sun go down.  I am starting to talk to others about my feelings there is even a group that welcomes everyone with any type of neurological condition as well as caregivers and family members   I found a great group in Second Life called ( Parkinson's Support Group ) Held at Creations Park. just message Barbie Alchemi to join. The owner is a very special lady and I am happy to call her friend. 

I know as I start to prioritize my own needs I will have more of myself to give to others,  I know that taking care of myself is not selfish but necessary to be able to keep caring for those I love. Through this lesson, I am learning that true kindness and caring start with caring for oneself.  By finding a balance between giving and receiving support I have been better able to fulfill my role as a caregiver without feeling overwhelmed.  xoxoxo Lady

Creations Park   Group and sim 

Las Arenas Beach an Store  Sim picture is from  



Comments

Monthly Views