I’m Old

Today I am officially ten years old on Second Life.  So much has happened both in SL and in RL in ten years.  I didn’t think I would last a month when I joined, but here I stand.  When I first joined SL in 2008 I came in on the CSI sim.  I went to store to get better hair.  Somehow the hair ended up floating behind me.  Here I was walking around the sim bald with hair trailing a good few feet behind me.  People would try to help, but I could not figure out how to get to the notecard that had instructions on how to fix it.  I was a wreak.  My husband said bear with it and I know you can do it.


That sim closed and I needed to find a place in SL.  I fell into modeling.  It started with store modeling, then academy’s.  Back then you only needed to put on what they gave you and walk a very straight line.  Then modeling evolved into styling the outfits and being more than just something to drape clothing over.  I have done it all and I am happily settled on my part time blogging gig.  Do I miss the runway and shows?  I do, but that dedication and time commitment is one I can no longer give.  Here’s to an ever evolving second life and many more to come……. Cheers!!!!!!!






Picture taken at Backdrop City

Comments

Monthly Views